:: Re: [DNG] no downtime registered [w…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Emiliano Marini
A: Micky Del Favero
CC: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] no downtime registered [was: Devuan mirror down]
Sorry, missed Jaromil message. I know understand files.devuan.org has no
HTTPS suppport at this time.

The problem is browsers default to HTTPS when opening a new URL.

Inspecting the HTML source code of files.devuan.org, links in anchor tags
have no protocol associated. So, I think changing this:

<a class="source-modal" href="00_README.txt">00_README.txt</a>

For this:

<a class="source-modal" href="*http://*files.devuan.org/00_README.txt
">00_README.txt</a>

Will solve this issue.

But, you really need to adopt HTTPS ASAP, because once you open one page
over HTTPS browsers will cache it, and you can't go back to HTTP (unless
you clear your browser's cache).

Tell me if you need help with Let' Encrypt. I have successfully installed
Let's Encrypt certificates on my site and I posted about this on my blog
(Spanish):

https://www.linuxito.com/seguridad/616-como-obtener-un-certificado-ssl-gratis-de-let-s-encrypt
https://www.linuxito.com/seguridad/647-como-renovar-un-certificado-de-let-s-encrypt

Cheers,