:: Re: [DNG] installer messes up swap …
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Boruch Baum
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] installer messes up swap partition on multi-boot
On 03/23/2016 01:01 AM, Go Linux wrote:
> On Tue, 3/22/16, Daniel Reurich <daniel@???> wrote:
>

>> Given that suspend2disk uses the swap volume I'd recommend never
>> using the same swap space for different linux systems anyway in a
>> multi-boot setup.

> Now I'm confused. I thought that suspend used RAM and hibernate used
> swap. Oh wait . . . suspend2disk isn't even in the devuan repos. Now
> I'm really confused. Aside from that, I have shared swap partitions
> in the past. I had no idea that was a nono.

> Learn something new everyday (if you're lucky).

Don't 'learn' anything just yet from what Daniel initially wrote. I (or
someone quicker than me) need to see and report back the condition under
which a boot performs a resume from suspend. Otherwise, what would be
the use-case of OS#2 resuming using a swap partition loaded with data
from OS#1's suspend?