:: Re: [DNG] Packaging Vdev - compilat…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: shraptor
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Packaging Vdev - compilation errors and patch
On 2016-03-22 09:10, Didier Kryn wrote:
> Le 21/03/2016 16:12, shraptor a écrit :

>>> Now you got me interested, do you remember which ones?
>>
>> To be sure I just cloned vdev from git and compiled == worked.
>
>     I also have an unsoved problem with fs, but let's ignore it for
> now because fs is only a goodie.

> Here is the compilation error:
>

> kryn@apcnb98:~/Applications/vdev-plus/vdev$ gcc --version
> gcc (Debian 4.6.3-14) 4.6.3
> This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is
> NO
> warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
> PURPOSE.
> kryn@apcnb98:~/Applications/vdev-plus/vdev$ make -C vdevd
> [...]
> /home/kryn/Applications/vdev-plus/vdev/build/sbin/device.o: In
> function `vdev_device_request_to_env':
> /home/kryn/Applications/vdev-plus/vdev/vdevd/device.c:257: undefined
> reference to `major'
> /home/kryn/Applications/vdev-plus/vdev/vdevd/device.c:268: undefined
> reference to `minor'
> /home/kryn/Applications/vdev-plus/vdev/build/sbin/device.o: In
> function `vdev_device_add':
> /home/kryn/Applications/vdev-plus/vdev/vdevd/device.c:863: undefined
> reference to `minor'
> /home/kryn/Applications/vdev-plus/vdev/vdevd/device.c:863: undefined
> reference to `major'
> ... same for several functions.

With

> gcc --version

gcc (GCC) 5.2.0

and then

git clone https://github.com/jcnelson/vdev

I get

https://gist.github.com/suedi/71d374d6f7925c5999e9#file-vdevd_compilation_output

with no errors when issuing make -C vdevd

and then tried

git clone https://git.devuan.org/unsystemd/vdev.git

and make -C vdevd still worked
allthough looking at the last commit the repos are not fully
synchronized.

Where did you put your patches?

> This is corrected by my first patch, include-sysmacros.diff
> The two other patches allow the user to provide additional CFLAGS
> and/or LDFLAGS to better control building, for example to build
> statically or to provide librabies in non-standard places.

Since I don't see your patches as pull requests on
https://github.com/jcnelson/vdev
maybe that means you are using the devuan repo?? and it is not
synchronized with
main repo??