:: Re: [DNG] Devuan grub files
Top Pagina
Auteur: Daniel Reurich
Aan: dng@lists.dyne.org
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Devuan grub files
Hi Boruch,

On 22/03/16 12:40, Boruch Baum wrote:
> The devuan grub package contains debian-ized files:
>
> 1] /etc/grub.d/05_debian_theme
>
> This file could be renamed devuan_theme, but some of the current content
> would need to be changed or removed. It currently includes a case
> statement for "Tanglu|Ubuntu|Kubuntu", which isn't necessary, and the
> remaining case statement should be changed to whatever color theme
> devuan decides upon.

We have a grub2 theme, but the changes required to enable that are in
/etc/grub.d/00_header. As a result we'll need to fork the grub package.

> On that note, I'll chime in and say that I hate the red greeter screen
> of the installer.

This is going to replaced with the purpy-theme used for the rest of
Devuan jessie release - and is an issue that should be filed against the
debian-installer package. Feel free to create an issue against that
packages project on gitlab.

> Further down in the same file is a list of debian-specific background
> images, for devuan to remove or replace

They are all obsolete and handled via desktop-base now.

> 2] /etc/default/grub
>
> There is a line in the file beginning 'GRUB_DISTRIBUTOR=', for which you
> may want to replace '|| echo Debian' with '|| echo Devuan'

good spotting. I'll add that to the issue when I setup the grub package
project.

Thanks.

--
Daniel Reurich
Centurion Computer Technology (2005) Ltd.