:: Re: [DNG] Installer 'Firmware' part…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Boruch Baum
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Installer 'Firmware' partition
On 03/21/2016 05:04 PM, Go Linux wrote:
> On Mon, 3/21/16, Boruch Baum <boruch_baum@???> wrote:
>
> Subject: [DNG] Installer 'Firmware' partition
> To: dng@???
> Date: Monday, March 21, 2016, 3:51 PM
>

>> This is another nice touch in the installer, and its a shame that its
>> insufficiently documented, so I'd like to suggest that some text be
>> added to an installer window to let users know.

> Perhaps you'd like to write up some documentation to better guide users on their quest to install Devuan?
>
> golinux

There's substance to your comment, so here goes:

"Your install media has been pre-configured with a writable
partition labeled 'Firmware' which you may use to load the firmware
file. You may now remove the media. From another computer, search for
the debian package containing file -------, download its SOURCE package,
file name suffix tar.gz, extract the archive, copy the file to the
'Firmware' partitiion, return to this machine, and plug the install
media back in."

I didn't see a need to do so in my original post, golinux, as OTOH its
the kind of 'effort' that takes all of a few minutes, but OTOH, when
suggested in the wrong forum, could lead to a needless and interminable
discussion, and this list is already prone to so much not directed at
getting the distribution final.