:: Re: [DNG] Packaging Vdev
Top Pagina
Auteur: Didier Kryn
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Packaging Vdev
Le 20/03/2016 10:35, Daniel Reurich a écrit :
>    I agree that there is little point in putting
> effort into packaging something that isn't currently in a functional
> state.  If you could share the details of your testing so people can
> replicate and perhaps help with the development that would mean that
> this discussion has not been useless, but instead useful in teasing out
> details that at least I had previously missed.

> Thank you for this vital update Didier;-)

I have sometimes difficulties to express things in an understandable way :-)

I expect Jude has tested his last version and I suspect he did it with
the files under /usr/local and it worked. On my side, I tested it under
the FHS but with a different OS and it failed. I dunno where the error
is. One possibility is that the problem is in the misplacement of some
file(s) or error in some config file.

Brief inventory of the files installed on my test bench:
/sbin/vdevd
/lib/vdev: 11 executable binaries and 27 scripts
/lib/vdev/hwdb: one script and a squashfs filesystem (maybe left over
from building)
/lib/vdev/hwdb/input: 14 text files
/etc/vdev/ifnames.conf
/etc/vdev/vdevd.conf
/etc/acls: 3 files
/etc/actions: 76 text files

     Not only must these more than 150 files be in the right places, but
also vdevd and the other executables must look for them in the right places.

     BTW, any news from Jude?

     Didier