著者: Steve Litt
To: dng
題目: Re: [DNG] Dng Digest, Vol 18, Issue 42
On Wed, 16 Mar 2016 22:02:13 +0000
David Harrison <david@???> wrote:

> On 16/03/2016 21:30, dng-request@??? wrote:
> > WARNING: Regardless of David's intent, which I assume is benign, the
> > preceding paragraph is solicitation to commit felony copyright
> > infringement. Nobody should email proprietary software to others,
> > without a written OK from the copyright holder. This kind of request
> > should never be made on any kind of mailing list.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > SteveT
>
> With respect, Steve, what on earth do you mean? I asked if someone
> would mail me *their own* replacement stub program that they use *in
> place* of a proprietary executable. So yes, my intent is benign and
> is not counter to any copyright.
>
> David

If the replacement stub is licensed as Free Software, you're right and
I apologize for misunderstanding the situation.

SteveT

Steve Litt
March 2016 featured book: Quit Joblessness: Start Your Own Business
http://www.troubleshooters.com/startbiz