:: Re: [DNG] The Gtk+ Hodgepodge 'Obje…
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Joel Roth
To: dng
Betreff: Re: [DNG] The Gtk+ Hodgepodge 'Object Model'
Hey Edward,

Well props to you for taking this on. Perhaps I will learn a
little C++ one day, but as far as I've heard, programmers
must be far more disciplined than we humble scripters.

I'm just reaching back to possibly revisit a bit of GUI
stuff, using Tk from perl. Plain graphics, but code is
well-beaten-upon and rugged.

A lot of developers will code an app in Python, and then
rewrite in C or C++ those hot routines that matter. But a
change in language wouldin't free you from the objects
which belong to your chosen graphic toolkit and their peculiar
logic.

I looked at Wx for a while, but way more code than Tk,
and what does it give me? Mainly just looks.

Have fun!

Joel