:: Re: [DNG] Claywand dosplay bananage…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Rainer Weikusat
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Claywand dosplay bananager
mitt_green@??? writes:
> Fedora is switching back to X11 in 24:
> https://blogs.gnome.org/mclasen/2016/03/04/why-wayland-anyway/

A more accurate summary would be "Fedora is not yet switching to wayland
as default for 24".

Entertaining read:

https://wiki.gnome.org/Initiatives/Wayland/PrimarySelection

Minus stating that the main problem with copy and paste in X is that it
works and is easy to use, there's the following absolute gem:

    Additionally, reasons against keeping it:

    - there are few middle mouse buttons in the world

I'm currently using a pretty crappy Logitech wireless USB keyboard &
mouse I mainly bought because it was the cheapest I could get at John
Lewis/ Reading. Of course, like all other mice I've ever used since I
don't-know-when (certainly more than 20 years) it does have a middle
mouse button (integrated in the scrollwheel).

But GNOME developers presumably don't belong to a social class of people
buying cheap stuff in brick & mortar high street shops ...