:: [DNG] Devuan on rpi3
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: KatolaZ
To: dng
Betreff: [DNG] Devuan on rpi3
Hi All,

just to let you know that devuan runs also on the new raspberry pi 3
(I had no doubt about it, since it is very similar to the rpi2). A
simple dist-upgrade from Raspian to Devuan Jessie works smoothly, and
all the systemd crap can be safely removed afterwards.

Ironically, my stopwatch says that the sysvinit-based devuan boots
much faster that the systemd-based raspbian: 19 seconds vs about 28
seconds to autologin into lxde or xfce4, which corresponds to an
increase in performace of about 40%.

GoDevuan

KatolaZ

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]