:: [DNG] devuan git rearrangement for …
Inizio della pagina
Autore: Daniel Reurich
To: dng
Oggetto: [DNG] devuan git rearrangement for official packages
Hi,

I'm planning to move all official devuan packages in gitlab into the
group devuan-packages. The core reason for these changes are:

a) It gives a clear name-space for official devuan packages

b) We will be able to set milestones in the group that to track
issues related to the release goals across all packages and makes it
easier to see the project state and progress.

c) Create blank projects with an issue and assigning it a milestone is
a great way to track what packages need to be cleansed still.

d) Gives an easy way to visualise our progress for our releases.

d) Allows for easier automation for the build system and other related
systems.

e) Makes it easier for us to be able to add planned capabilities like:

i) Contributor Project Builds (similar concept to ubuntu's PPA's -
except built using our build system against official Devuan releases.

ii) Derivatives, which is like Contributor Project Builds but with
full mirroring (using amprolla's merge functionality)

f) there are only a few developers and not that many packages so it's
the best time to do it.

If this goes ahead I'll create an issue for each package as they are
moved so that the subscribers to each project are notified.

Locally changing the urls will be as simple as:

git remote seturl <remote name> <new url> [<old-url]

I'd prefer any discussion on this issue to be directed to
https://git.devuan.org/devuan/devuan-project/issues/42

If you have any concerns about these changes you can also PM me.

Thanks,
    Daniel.

--
Daniel Reurich
Centurion Computer Technology (2005) Ltd.