:: Re: [DNG] The repository has old Op…
Página Principal
Autor: Stephanie Daugherty
Para: Hughe Chung, dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] The repository has old OpenSCAD package.
The version in Devuan Jessee will be the version that was currently
packaged at the time Debian Jessie was frozen. Devuan adheres to the same
release model as Debian - updates to a package which modify its
functionality in any way whatsoever are forbidden for the life of the
distribution, and security/stability fixes from a newer upstream must be
backported to the version released with Devuan.

Your options for more current packages are (in general order of preference):
* See if the jessie-backports repository has the newer version you need.
(jessie-backports is a repository of newer packages compiled against
released dependancies so as to be usable with jessie. It's recommended that
you set up pinning im such a manner as to only install from backports if
explicitly told to do so, otherwise you may upgrade more than you'd like
and possibly even break things)
* Find a third party repository compatible with jessie that has a current
version
* Build your own, current version of the package
* Build from source, install into /usr/local (if you go this route,
strongly consider using stow to manage your /usr/local hierarchy - this
doesn't register the package with dpkg, so if you need it to satisfy a
dependency in another package, it's not a good option)