:: Re: [DNG] Accessibility: Does the d…
Página Inicial
Autor: Daniel Reurich
Para: dng@lists.dyne.org
Assunto: Re: [DNG] Accessibility: Does the devuan installer default to ALSA?
On 08/03/16 06:45, Joel Roth wrote:
> Hi Devuan,
>
> I'm following the blinux mailing list, for blind users of
> Linux, and there is a report of someone having trouble with
> pulse audio. So that leads me to ask, will devuan default to
> ALSA in the installer and base installation? I'm also
> curious if ALSA is sufficient for the various screen readers
> and other accessbility software people are using.

If pulseaudio is installed, it uses Alsa. Currently we haven't excised
pulseaudio (yet), but there is a possibility we may look to either doing
that or at least maintaining a coherent option for using alsa instead.
With regards to whether the accessibility software (or any audio
producing or consuming software for that matter) uses alsa is largely a
matter of whether that support is compiled in by default these days.

--
Daniel Reurich
Centurion Computer Technology (2005) Ltd.