:: Re: [DNG] My virtual terminals seem…
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Rainer Weikusat
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: dng
Aihe: Re: [DNG] My virtual terminals seem amiss
dev <devuan.2@???> writes:
> Hello,
> I noticed today, upon trying to rebuild my nvidia module, that I have
> no login available on the virtual terminals customarily available via
> the keypress [CTRL][ALT]+(F1-F8 keys).
>
> The keypresses work, showing console output, but there is no "login:"
>
> /etc/inittab is here:
>
> $ egrep -v '(#|^$)' /etc/inittab
> id:2:initdefault:
> si::sysinit:/etc/init.d/rcS
> ~~:S:wait:/sbin/sulogin
> l0:0:wait:/etc/init.d/rc 0
> l1:1:wait:/etc/init.d/rc 1
> l2:2:wait:/etc/init.d/rc 2
> l3:3:wait:/etc/init.d/rc 3
> l4:4:wait:/etc/init.d/rc 4
> l5:5:wait:/etc/init.d/rc 5
> l6:6:wait:/etc/init.d/rc 6
> z6:6:respawn:/sbin/sulogin
> ca:12345:ctrlaltdel:/sbin/shutdown -t1 -a -r now
> pf::powerwait:/etc/init.d/powerfail start
> pn::powerfailnow:/etc/init.d/powerfail now
> po::powerokwait:/etc/init.d/powerfail stop
> 1:2345:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 tty1
> 2:23:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 tty2
> 3:23:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 tty3
> 4:23:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 tty4
> 5:23:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 tty5
> 6:23:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 tty6

You aren't per chance running a display manager on tty1 (default changed
a while ago because someone 'felt' that running the GUI on anything but
the first VT was 'morally inappropriate') in a runlevel different from 2
or 3?

/sbin/runlevel should print the current and previous runlevels. You
could also look if there are actually any gettys runnning,

ps faux | grep get[t]