:: Re: [DNG] Devuan Rpi2 Lxde
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: KatolaZ
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Nate Bargmann
Kopio: dng
Aihe: Re: [DNG] Devuan Rpi2 Lxde
On Sun, Mar 06, 2016 at 10:53:51AM -0600, Nate Bargmann wrote:
> * On 2016 06 Mar 02:51 -0600, aitor_czr wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I just uploaded an image of Devuan for Raspberry Pi 2 with LXDE.
>
> My guess is this will not run on the original Pi model B?
>
> - Nate

It probably won't, since rpi2 is armhf, while rpi1 and rpi0 are midway
between armel and armhf. I have been running a few test with a custom
toolchain to make a bootable image for rpi0/1. The base system works
(single-user with bash and busybox, now I might play a bit around to
have coreutils instead), even if there are a few tweaks to
implement.

The problem is that this would be an almost completely independent
port, for which we might not have enough energy though. It would be
good to have a pivuan for armv6 + FP2 for rpi0, but it is true that
with the new rpi3 it would be far better and easier to invest time in
a pivuan for armhf, which is what aitor is rightfully doing. The
packages are already there, and there is no need to support another
port...

HND

KatolaZ

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]