:: Re: [DNG] Claywand dosplay bananage…
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Rainer Weikusat
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: dng
Aihe: Re: [DNG] Claywand dosplay bananager
Mitt Green <mitt_green@???> writes:
> This question is long-standing, but I forget to
> ask it. What's wrong with Wayland?

For instance, it (reportedly) doesn't have any support for IPC. This
means it can't support "window manager/ desktop environment tranparent"
copy&paste anymore. That's instead supposed to be provided by "the
desktop environment" and people who don't run a desktop environment,
well, why would we care about these stupid, change-resistent geezers?

I've been using fvwm for about 20 years now (and with a basically
unchanged configuration since 1998) and I'd like to keep this
environment as it works very nicely *for me*. I don't care if the
legendary, hypothetical, less-than-bright grandma could use it, too,
I don't expect her to.