:: Re: [DNG] UEFI Secure Boot workarou…
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Didier Kryn
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng@lists.dyne.org
Αντικείμενο: Re: [DNG] UEFI Secure Boot workaround?
Le 04/03/2016 12:42, Arnt Gulbrandsen a écrit :
> Didier Kryn writes:
>>     Insert a Knoppix Cdrom, mount your home and read it. If UEFI
>> refuses to boot the Knoppix disk, use the Debian installer.

> Mounting the home (using either knoppix or d-i) requires the luks
> passphrase. You could get that passphrase if you're able to install a
> keysniffing kernel that my boot loader trusts, and give me the laptop
> back. Or perform some other attack that either bypasses luks or
> obtains the password.
>
> Arnt

     Booting from removable media bypasses the bootloader (does it
bypass UEFI?). Therefore it is enough to have a live OS on removable
media, equipped with this keysniffing kernel. But, sure, as Dr. Nikolaus
Klepp writes, it suffices to plug the disk into another computer.

     I wonder if this UEFI thingy is anything else than a pure annoyance.

     Didier