:: Re: [DNG] Digital camera management…
Kezdőlap
Szerző: Rob
Dátum:
Címzett: dng@lists.dyne.org
Tárgy: Re: [DNG] Digital camera management borked
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [DNG] Digital camera management borked
Local Time: March 2, 2016 8:50 pm
UTC Time: March 2, 2016 8:50 PM
From: golinux@???
To: dng@???

I am having trouble finding a way to browse thumbnails of the photos on my old canon camera. gtkam couldn't access the camera. I installed my old favorite f-spot from wheezy (apparently not available in jessie), but it couldn't even see the camera. The only way I have been able to access the camera is through the thunar file manager at this address (which is in need of some translation):

gphoto2://[usb:003,036]/DCIM/

But no image browser can open the jpgs in the folders at that address. Gimp can load only one at a time. It's been frustrating. Thankfully images can be c/p from there.

My guess is that lack of support is due to the fact that fewer people are using stand-alone cameras. Any suggestions how to get a browse functionality back on Devuan?

golinux

Not being funny, have you tried switching the camera off then on again whilst it is connected to your pc. Then Camera/Add camera, auto-detect.
I have a canon SX40 that requires this procedure occasionally.
Rob