:: Re: [DNG] Dependency Hell: was leve…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Stephanie Daugherty
Aan: Edward Bartolo, Steve Litt
CC: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Dependency Hell: was leveldb support proposal
There's a fairly elegant, but seldom used solution to this problem,. GNU
Stow, which is designed to basically be a "package manager" for locally
installed packages.

It works by using symlinks, so that a "package" foo might be installed into
/usr/local/stow/foo and have bin/ and lib/ and all the other expected
subdirectories. Stow will then install that "package" into the /usr/local
hierarchy proper on command by symlinking each file into the proper place,
and as an intended side effect of this design, Stow, or even a simple
she'll script can easily find all the symlinks to remove later, since they
all point to the actual installed files in the package installation
directory.