:: Re: [DNG] OT: Assembly resources
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Emiliano Marini
To: Mitt Green
CC: Dng
Betreff: Re: [DNG] OT: Assembly resources
Honestly, I use yasm because it was Teacher's choice before I was a
Teaching Assistant. Anyways, yasm supports gas and nasm syntax, and
multiple binary object formats. yasm/nasm use a syntax similar to Intel's,
and gas uses a syntax similar to AT&T. It's a matter of taste but, to me,
AT&T it's less readable. Check this page:

http://www.imada.sdu.dk/Courses/DM18/Litteratur/IntelnATT.htm

I think you should pick the one with the syntax more comfortable to you.
But be aware that gas is the one GCC uses for in-line assembly embedded in
C programs. So, if you are planning to embed assembly instructions in C
code, you will need to learn gas syntax.

Check this other page for more info:
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/X86_Assembly/x86_Assemblers

Maybe yasm/nasm (Intel's syntax) is more adequate to learn/teach assembly,
and gas to production (again, if you are planning to embed assembly in C
programs, and you are using GCC).

Thanks for sharing those links.

Cheers,
Emiliano.