:: Re: [DNG] Mailinglist (was Re: leve…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Jaromil
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Mailinglist (was Re: leveldb support proposal)
On Mon, 29 Feb 2016, T. J. Duchene wrote:

> I have had many similar heated discussions in the past on the list, and
> I hope I've learned from them. Healthy disagreements are not harmful.
> Presumably we are all adults able to handle criticism without a grudge.

Thanks for your words. It is also my fault, as I aired frustrations
about the off-topic and opened the door to rather personal attacks.

I apologise for this. I think Reiner's education on the matters he
debates is at least equal to his critical spirit. On the particular
issue of libdb we disagree, but also we don't share the necessary
background knowledge on the specifics. This is the thing that annoyes
me, somehow: not the disagreement, but the way an argumentation is put
forward without knowing the specific case well.

Lets always imagine how someone who is concentrated on a specific
issue may come here, put it forward and then watch everyone inflating
it into an epic political and even personal debate. Not really good
for involvement.

We shall be able to welcome in this campfire all sorts of people, even
if they don't come from the particular neighbourhood we've been
evicted. After all, this list is not only about Devuan.