:: Re: [DNG] A heads up about xfce's f…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Edward Bartolo
A: T.J. Duchene
CC: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] A heads up about xfce's future
Hi,

Like, I assume many, on this mailing list, know what to do when they
opt not to install the default window manager or desktop. However, I
think, XFCE is a good choice, although on my T4400 2GB computer it
tends to be rather heavy. Window managers are attractive with respect
to low resource use, but they are unattractive with respect to user
configuration unless somebody in Devuan decides to write a script or
an executable to automate user configuration of the most popular
window managers. The latter is a job I don't know as I have never
configured a window manager. My eyes, although perfectly healthy, are
quite dictatorial to me. I need good readability and small fonts are
out of question to me as they cause too much eye fatigue. I also need
to have control of display brightness as average brightness is too
insense for me.

I think, window manager user configuration more or less rests on these tasks:
a) configure some menu structure to access user programs
b) configure a keyboard structure to access user programs
c) configure wallpaper and screen saver
d) adjust font sizes and screen brightness

This is what I can think of.

Edward