:: Re: [DNG] Mailinglist (was Re: leve…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Don Wright
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Mailinglist (was Re: leveldb support proposal)
T. J. Duchene wrote:
>With respect to all parties, I don't see why any particular stance on
>the list is going to make any material difference in Devuan at the
>present moment. Devuan is in Alpha 4, and the decisions for this
>version have been made. I think it is best to table these kinds of
>debates for the next version.

What a feeling of deja vu! On the Debian lists (and other contexts as
well) I saw this case for delay made many times, and strangely enough,
the window for discussion never seemed to open. There was always some
reason why now was "not the time."

If the people ACTUALLY RESPONSIBLE for turning the Alpha into a Release
don't have time, OK, they don't have to participate in this. But
shutting down discussion because "this isn't the time for..." too easily
masks a real meaning of "I don't want to listen to you."

Until more specialized forums are available for discussion of specific
aspects of Devuan, *this* is the place and *now* is the time for civil
discussion of any and all matters of direction and policy.