:: Re: [DNG] vdev packaging effort ( w…
Inizio della pagina
Autore: Didier Kryn
To: dng
Oggetto: Re: [DNG] vdev packaging effort ( was: state of what's working for modern desktop usage)
Le 29/02/2016 19:31, shraptor a écrit :
> Due to real(boring?) work I've had not much time to put in on
> this.
>
> I did get devuan-jessie-amd64-alpha4-netboot.iso installed in a
> VirtualBox VM.
> This went without problems.
>

> Jude had already done some basic package-building that is present on git.
>

> However me who never ever ran debian and are somewhat unfamiliar with
> init here ran into problem getting vdev to run at start up?
>
> I tried putting it into /etc/rcS.d that is a link here to a startup
> script
> in /etc/init.d
>
> But when I get to slim-login manager I get no keyboard.
>
> Seems to try to start vdev when choosing systemd boot alternative but no
> evidence of start with eudev that I could see?
>
> If I boot to prompt vdev --once seems to run OK allthough not on /dev
> which could be due to devtmpfs mounted?
>
> Any input? anyone more familiar with devuan init.

     A few releases ago, intoducing a new init script in /etc/init.d,
and the corresponding links in rc?.d has become a little more
complicated, because the comments at the head of the script now
consitute a meta-language describing the interdependencies of these
scripts. AFAIR, after copying the script in /etc/init.d, the admin
should invoke update-rc.d in some way to do the job. I didn't experiment
with this and rather now put my own bricolage in rc.local, which is of
course not a valid suggestion for vdev.

     vdev should be invoked with /dev as argument (plus possible
options) if you want it to create device files on /dev.

     Hope this helps.

                             Didier