:: Re: [DNG] vdev packaging effort ( w…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: shraptor
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] vdev packaging effort ( was: state of what's working for modern desktop usage)
Due to real(boring?) work I've had not much time to put in on
this.

I did get devuan-jessie-amd64-alpha4-netboot.iso installed in a
VirtualBox VM.
This went without problems.

Jude had already done some basic package-building that is present on
git.

However me who never ever ran debian and are somewhat unfamiliar with
init here ran into problem getting vdev to run at start up?

I tried putting it into /etc/rcS.d that is a link here to a startup
script
in /etc/init.d

But when I get to slim-login manager I get no keyboard.

Seems to try to start vdev when choosing systemd boot alternative but no
evidence of start with eudev that I could see?

If I boot to prompt vdev --once seems to run OK allthough not on /dev
which could be due to devtmpfs mounted?

Any input? anyone more familiar with devuan init.

\Scooby