:: Re: [DNG] Speaking of Window Manage…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Go Linux
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Speaking of Window Managers

Subject: Re: [DNG] Speaking of Window Managers
To: dng@???
Date: Sunday, February 28, 2016, 6:38 AM

On Sun, Feb 28, 2016 at 12:20:50PM +0000, Dave Turner wrote:

>> I hate hotkeys in GUIs and never use them. At all. Ever. Give me a
>> menu and a mouse.
>>

> I can understand that, but there seems no reason not to provide both hot
> keys and menus. My sense is that switching between mouse and keyboard is
> inefficient, and that is why people prefer one or the other. For
> example, folks that are used to typing text may naturally use hot keys,
> while those who usually let applications do work prefer the mouse.

Exactly. I mostly use hot keys that only require my left hand and keep the right on the mouse. It requires adjustments to posture to use two-handed hotkeys that are not only inefficient but uncomfortable on my back. Besides, I'm a lousy typist (even though I could play a Brahms concerto back in the day - go figure). Those of you who frequent irc are well aware of the word salad that sometimes comes off my fingers. ;) But yes, perhaps standard Devuan hotkeys would be a good idea for those who use them.

golinux