:: Re: [DNG] OT: Assembly resources
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Brad Campbell
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] OT: Assembly resources
On 28/02/16 17:49, Mitt Green wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I believe, here are some people that know assembly, I'd like to know
> what resources would ye recommend that teach it. Preferably AT&T syntax
> using gas.
>
> I do my coding in C, but always wondered about something low level.
>
> Also, I have a book The Art of Assembly Language, that focuses
> on Windows, and has explanations of algebra and other maths.
> So, maths resources would be great too.

I did it the other way around. Started with a binary and a disassembler
and figured out how it worked, then learned to patch it up to check my
understanding was correct.

I started with the 6502 and a dead tree of the Apple ][ ROM source a
couple of moons ago. That was so much more pleasant than x86 assembly,
but that method works just as well.

These days I only get into PC assembler when correcting broken software,
but I still write a lot of uController code in asm.

There is a free version of IDA available. It's the ducks nuts as far as
disassemblers go.

Regards,
Brad