:: Re: [DNG] A heads up about xfce's f…
Top Pagina
Auteur: hellekin
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] A heads up about xfce's future
On 02/27/2016 03:28 AM, Simon Wise wrote:

> something as minimal as possible, like above, seems a very good option.

I dream of a core Devuan that is modular so that the Desktop Environment
is a *blend* that you layer on top of core. That way, you can have a
choice of DEs that users can prepare for their own pleasure.

The question of the default DE comes next: Devuan should be shipped with
a default DE. So far we've been focusing on XFCE, for reasons unknown
to me (normally I use a tiled WM without DE).

I can imagine that Jessie 1.0 Beta will ship with XFCE by default.
I hope Jessie 1.0 will ship with a choice for WM/DE, each implemented as
a blend. That way the community can maintain a collection of *properly
configured and integrated desktops* for those who want to use that, and
leave the rest of us free to build on the foundation, not just decorate
of a pre-chewed environment.

==
hk

--
 _ _     We are free to share code and we code to share freedom
(_X_)yne Foundation, Free Culture Foundry * https://www.dyne.org/donate/