著者: Nate Bargmann
To: dng
題目: Re: [DNG] A heads up about xfce's future
* On 2016 26 Feb 17:16 -0600, Steve Litt wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Feb 2016 10:46:58 +0100
> Florian Zieboll <f.zieboll@???> wrote:
>

> > IIUC, LXDE's decision to go Qt was based on the fact that it otherwise
> > and rather sooner than later would have to go GTK+ 3, which I see very
> > well in tune with the base motives of Devuan. May everybody think of
> > KDE what s/he likes (there's a reason that I chose LXDE...), but Qt is
> > not KDE. Devuan is hardly going to make it without confederates and I
> > would like a lot to see LXQt being one of them.
>
> So are you saying maybe we should make some acquaintances in the LXQt
> world? Sounds kindof cool.

I'd like to give LxQt a whirl but see that they only have packages from
their 0.9 release available for Jessie. Perhaps 0.10 relies on a newer
Qt than supported by Jessie. I guess I could try building it locally
but that can be a pain for all the other things a desktop links to.

I think Qt should have a brighter future for a universal toolkit since
it's available on the major platforms. It has good language bindings
and doesn't seem to be boxing itself into the corner of only existing
primarily to support a single desktop environment as GNOME seems to be
intending with GTK+3.

- Nate