:: Re: [DNG] A heads up about xfce's f…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Go Linux
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] A heads up about xfce's future
On Thu, 2/25/16, Hendrik Boom <hendrik@???> wrote:

Subject: Re: [DNG] A heads up about xfce's future
To: dng@???
Date: Thursday, February 25, 2016, 3:44 PM

On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 09:59:08PM +0100, Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 25. Februar 2016 schrieb Go Linux:
> > I sometimes hang out on the xfce forum and ran across this today. It seems that xfce 4.14 is moving from gtk2 to gtk3 and predictably in very gnomish fashion, features/functionality are being removed. So Devuan might want to contemplate less gnome-driven options for future releases. Since gtk2 is no longer being developed, I wonder what that means for Mate's future . . .
> >
> > https://forum.xfce.org/viewtopic.php?id=10407
>
> Have I mentioned TDE?

lxde has the advantage of having a package named lxde..
I cannot find a tde. Does it have another nae, or does it still need to be packaged?

-- hendrik

Trinity Desktop Environment is based on an older version of KDE. (Think Gnome and Mate.) I always found KDE too fussy for my taste. But who knows how desperate I'll get if xfce goes south . . .

lxde is soon to become lxqt so lxde will soon be a thing of the past. Don't you know that if it works, it needs fixing?

golinux