:: Re: [DNG] A heads up about xfce's f…
Góra strony
Autor: Mitt Green
Dla: Dng
Temat: Re: [DNG] A heads up about xfce's future
Steve Litt wrote:

>Xfce's always been a little shaky, and more and more it seems to be
>part of the new regime.

Count the adoption of PulseAudio also, as a new default backend for
the mixer.

>I use LXDE, which works identically every single time, has a very
>small footprint, and is completely workable to anyone who could
>work win9x.

LXDE is great, because it doesn't need dbus, and would be better
if ye replace PCManFM with SpaceFM (no GVFS =) ). I use a D-Bus-free
build.

Though standalone Openbox is enough for me (well, with tint2).

I don't really understand the tendency of switching to GTK+3.
E.g., I enjoyed Parole in 4.10, it used GTK+2 back then.

In Unstable it's easy to follow the tendency. Obconf
switched to GTK+3, Iceweasel Aurora uses it as well.
Synaptic is another good example.

Looks like the amount of people, cringing at all these new shiny
things is growing. We will end up forking GTK+2 and Xfce.
GTK+3 is not a "successor" (ToZ), more like a "failessor".

Strive to the left column - http://killx.linuxbbq.org/

=P

Mitt