:: Re: [DNG] Devuan Ascii: Upgrading i…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: richard lucassen
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Devuan Ascii: Upgrading initramfs-tool breaks current devuan package initscripts
On Thu, 25 Feb 2016 10:03:41 +0100
Irrwahn <irrwahn@???> wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Feb 2016 22:55:34 +0100, Richard Lucassen wrote:
> > On Tue, 23 Feb 2016 10:09:05 +0200
> > Fred DC <adei@???> wrote:
> [...]
> >> Upgrading initramfs-tools version 0.120 to 0.123
> >> breaks initscripts <2.88dsf-59.3-1
> >> presently installed is 2.88dsf-59.2+devuan2
> >>
> >> Right now I have put the package on hold because if force the
> >> install the kernel gets removed.
> >
> > FYI: This is what debian testing reports:
> >
> > initramfs-tools (0.121~rc1) unstable; urgency=medium
> [...]
>
> Richard: FYI, your packet lists are out of date.

$ dpkg -l | grep initram
ii initramfs-tools 0.123 all
generic modular initramfs generator (automation)
ii initramfs-tools-core 0.123 all
generic modular initramfs generator (core tools)

Probably a message concerning an older version.

> And, as Fred reported, it indeed declares a "Breaks: initscripts
> (< 2.88dsf-59.3~)", which is built from the sysvinit source package.
>
> So, for Devuan testing/ascii we would need an update here, sooner or
> later.

It simply says "install busybox". Or have I missed a crucial issue
somewhere?

R.

--
richard lucassen