:: Re: [DNG] systemd==bad
Kezdőlap
Szerző: Didier Kryn
Dátum:
Címzett: dng
Tárgy: Re: [DNG] systemd==bad
Le 22/02/2016 13:52, Arnt Gulbrandsen a écrit :
> katolaz@??? writes:
>> Well, if GNOME, KDE, and freedesktop guys are still convinced that
>> they have any chance to scratch the shares of Android and iOS on
>> mobles, then they might have somehow lost contact with reality. This
>> is why all the systemd-fuss looks incredibly stupid to my ignorant
>> eyes: four years of fighting to conquer a "market" that has never
>> existed, and will probably never exist...
>
> The market they want is the one the Macbooks currently dominate, which
> may be regarded as constituting about 20% of the general tablet/laptop
> usage in the coming decade or so. (The number depends on how you count
> and what you count, but all that's offtopic here.)
>
> The other 80% are solidly held by android and ios, but 20% isn't zer.

     Katolaz, don't you recall how many times we've read about "The year
of the Linux Desktop", which never happened? And don't you remember
Gnome 3 made the desktop look like a tablet?

     Gnome tries to build a desktop for the general public which would
be based on Systemd-Linux, but I'm afraid this ship is going to sink
while hunting a white whale. Thanks to Devuan, we're jumping to another
ship and will watch the wreck from a distance.

     That said, I admit they have arguments for everybody, and the
market of servers would help them a lot in gaining domination over Linux.

     Didier