著者: Edward Bartolo
To: dng
新しいトピック: Re: [DNG] systemd==bad
題目: Re: [DNG] systemd==bad
Hi,

I will add my two cents to the stream of comments.

I think systemd is aimed at desktop users assuming that most Linux
users are also desktop users. It is also aiming at
unifying/streamlining Linux base commands so that users from different
flavours of Linux (aka distributions) use the same commands
irrespective of the distribution they use.

If I am correct, this has been the dream of freedesktop.org. Note the
name, 'freedesktop'. So, the emphasis appears on desktop use. For such
users, CLI base commands are a second class of necessary tools but not
the primary tools, as the latter, are obviously GUI applications.

The problem with systemd is the way it is made mandatory for unrelated
packages forcing distributions to adopt it. This policy smells of
corporate tactics which are totally out of place where free software
is involved. Now we have a take it or leave it attitude.

Sysemd is not only an init system but far more than that. In my
opinion it has become more and more like a replacement of the entire
base system. The reason is the infamous streamlining of distributions
in favour of newbies who do not appreciate using an entirely different
operating system.