:: Re: [DNG] Lead BusyBox developer on…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Rainer Weikusat
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Lead BusyBox developer on sysvinit
Didier Kryn <kryn@???> writes:
> Le 18/02/2016 18:05, Steve Litt a écrit :

>> NOTE: My response is based on*my*  reading and interpretation of
>> Laurent's emails here and on the supervision list and a few to me
>> personally. It's very possible I've misread or misinterpreted...

>     I probably mixed with the explanations of Laurent in his
> motivations for s6 (http://skarnet.org/software/s6/why.html). I quote
> the paragraph under the title "Supervision suites should be bug-free,
> lightweight and easy to understand.":

> <<System V init is understandable, and reasonably lightweight; but it
> is still too big for what it does - poorly. The /etc/inittab file
> needs to be parsed; that parser has to be in process 1...>>

But the /etc/inittab syntax is fairly simple. This means the complete
parser (just the parser, not the code "executing" "the parse-tree") is

while(!done) {
        /*
         *      Add single user shell entry at the end.
         */
        if (fp == NULL || fgets(buf, sizeof(buf), fp) == NULL) {
                done = 1;
                /*
                 *      See if we have a single user entry.
                 */
                for(old = newFamily; old; old = old->next)
                        if (strpbrk(old->rlevel, "S")) break;
                if (old == NULL)
                        snprintf(buf, sizeof(buf), "~~:S:wait:%s\n", SULOGIN);
                else
                        continue;
        }
        lineNo++;
        /*
         *      Skip comments and empty lines
         */
        for(p = buf; *p == ' ' || *p == '\t'; p++)
                ;
        if (*p == '#' || *p == '\n') continue;

        /*
         *      Decode the fields