:: Re: [DNG] Lead BusyBox developer on…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Steve Litt
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Lead BusyBox developer on sysvinit
On Wed, 17 Feb 2016 21:56:49 +0000
Rainer Weikusat <rainerweikusat@???> wrote:

> Mitt Green <mitt_green@???> writes:
> > In case you haven't read this,
> > Denys Vlasenko tells about
> > his experiences with sysvinit.
> > There he refers to daemontools
> > and runit as superior to the traditional
> > init.
> >
> > https://busybox.net/~vda/init_vs_runsv.html
>
> Wrt "Do you trust this code" --- I've surely fixed more bugs in
> busybox while I was still using it than I ever had to fix in init.

He's not talking about busybox at all. He's talking about Runit,
completely different software by a completely different programmer.
Perhaps he used busybox as PID1 instead of using the PID1 that ships
with Runit, but truth be told, he could have just as easily pid1'd with
sysvinit, or Suckless Init, or even Rich Felker's init.

The crux of his article is stated more succinctly by Rich Felker
himself:

http://ewontfix.com/14/

I agree 100% with https://busybox.net/~vda/init_vs_runsv.html, although
we all agree that right now it would be silly for Devuan to init with
anything but sysvinit.

SteveT

Steve Litt
February 2016 featured book: The Key to Everyday Excellence
http://www.troubleshooters.com/key