:: [DNG] Are you still paranoid if you…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Steve Litt
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: [DNG] Are you still paranoid if you turned out to be right?
Hi all,

For those of you who remember the most unpopular stuff I said on
Debian-User, the stuff I said about Red Hat, the stuff people called me
a conspiracy theorist for: Am I still paranoid if it turned out I was
right?

See the following URL and quote:

www.infoworld.com/article/3032647/open-source-tools/face-it-theres-no-money-in-open-source.html

As then-Red Hat CTO Brian Stevens once told me:

"Red Hat's model works because of the complexity of the technology we
work with. An operating platform has a lot of moving parts, and
customers are willing to pay to be insulated from that complexity. I
don't think you can take one finite element - like Apache - and make a
business out of it [using our model]. You need product complexity."

Signed, sealed, delivered, they're busted!

Ever wonder why the powers that be hate Devuan so much? Follow the
money.

I know that all of us have thought, on our darker days, that we can't
forever remove the poetterizations Red Hat keeps paying millions to
insert into strategic parts of Linux. But maybe, just maybe, the Red
Hat tycoons are beginning to wonder whether they can forever fight
Devuan and the other sans-systemd distros who can keep depoetterizing
for free.

SteveT

Steve Litt
February 2016 featured book: The Key to Everyday Excellence
http://www.troubleshooters.com/key