:: Re: [DNG] Help me understand what D…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: aitor_czr
A: svante.signell, dng, dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Help me understand what Daniel Reurich is asking?
Hi Svante,

El 12/02/16 a las 09:51, Svante Signell escribió:
> On Fri, 2016-02-12 at 09:29 +0100, aitor_czr wrote:
>> >Hi Daniel and Edward,
>> >

>> >In summary:
>> >
>> >1) DebSrc 3.0 (native) generates only a tar.gz, containing also the debian
>> >folder. There is not a debian branch, and this is the reason why Edward
>> >changed the version number from 0.1.1-1 to 0.1.1 in debian/changelog.
>> >
>> >2) DebSrc 3.0 (quilt), instead, generates an orig.tar.gz and a debian.tar.gz
>> >separately. So, the version number must include the version in the debian
>> >branch, this is 0.1.1-1
>> >
>> >On the other hand, i cloned gdisk:
>> >
>> >https://git.devuan.org/pkg-admin/gdisk.git
>> >
>> >It uses the 3.0 (git) format, and now dpkg-guildpackage generates a binary
>> >file:
>> >
>> > *gdisk_1.0.0-2+devuan0.4.git*
> Hello,
>
> This is very useful information. Can you (or somebody else) please write this
> down together as a sub-page of the the developer page
> https://git.devuan.org/devuan/devuan-project/wikis/guidelines
> (or wherever it belongs) and update the build procedure for different cases:
> native, git and quilt.
>
> This is very useful for people adopting packages for Devuan (like me).
>
> A follow-up question: You mention dpkg-buildpackage, what about git-
> buildpackage?

Git-buildpackage must be used in the case of the 3.0 (quilt) format.
This is the only one wich needs a orig.tar.bz2 / orig.tar.gz in the
parent directory. Using the pristine-tar branch is also recommended in
this concrete case. From my point of view, this format should be used in
such projects envolving a lot of developers (the kernel, the grub, etc...)

Cheers,

Aitor.