:: Re: [DNG] Help me understand what D…
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Svante Signell
To: aitor_czr, Daniel Reurich, Edward Bartolo, dng
Betreff: Re: [DNG] Help me understand what Daniel Reurich is asking?
On Fri, 2016-02-12 at 09:29 +0100, aitor_czr wrote:
> Hi Daniel and Edward,
>

> In summary:
>
> 1) DebSrc 3.0 (native) generates only a tar.gz, containing also the debian
> folder. There is not a debian branch, and this is the reason why Edward
> changed the version number from 0.1.1-1 to 0.1.1 in debian/changelog.
>
> 2) DebSrc 3.0 (quilt), instead, generates an orig.tar.gz and a debian.tar.gz
> separately. So, the version number must include the version in the debian
> branch, this is 0.1.1-1
>
> On the other hand, i cloned gdisk:
>
> https://git.devuan.org/pkg-admin/gdisk.git
>
> It uses the 3.0 (git) format, and now dpkg-guildpackage generates a binary
> file:
>
>  *gdisk_1.0.0-2+devuan0.4.git*

Hello,

This is very useful information. Can you (or somebody else) please write this
down together as a sub-page of the the developer page
https://git.devuan.org/devuan/devuan-project/wikis/guidelines
(or wherever it belongs) and update the build procedure for different cases:
native, git and quilt.

This is very useful for people adopting packages for Devuan (like me).

A follow-up question: You mention dpkg-buildpackage, what about git-
buildpackage?