:: Re: [DNG] Docker leaves Ubuntu for …
Top Pagina
Auteur: Simon Wise
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Docker leaves Ubuntu for AlpineLinux (and hires its dev)
On 11/02/16 21:51, Jaromil wrote:

> Here the news on Phoronix (well known hangout of systemd hooligans)
>
> https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Docket-Alpine-Images
>
> Very elegant of the editor to skip over the obviously implicit read
> between the lines. Or am I the only one seeing a "systemd sucks" here
> written with invisible ink?

not very invisible.

and probably basic common sense ... chasing the fantasy of the perfect, one API
to rule them all, automagical, gui only desktop is one thing. the shambles left
behind by a half-arsed effort at that is going to get seriously in the way in
any non-desktop use case.

Could be quite a few others following over time.

Simon