著者: Didier Kryn
To: dng
題目: Re: [DNG] vdev packaging effort ( was: state of what's working for modern desktop usage)
Le 10/02/2016 12:02, shraptor a écrit :
> On 2016-02-10 00:35, Adam Borowski wrote:
>>> Devuan.

>>> Like Debian's 'experimental' repo?
>>
>> Yes please!
>>
>> If you think the code is in good enough shape to be unleashed into the
>> public, even into experimental, I'd be delighted to help on the
>> packaging/uploading front.
>>
>> (I know nothing about the workings of udev, though.)
>
> I think the code is good enough and now is the time to get more users
> testing it.
> It works on my specific hardware cause I bug-hunted the sh** out of it.
> needs to be tested on more computers.
>
> I guess I have to install devuan to get a working environment then.
> Any input on what would be a good install iso for this? I mean
> an iso with a system we should target. Maybe better to do a virtualbox
> install, might be a lot of rebooting with initramfs work.
>
> Thank you Adam for offering help, Are you knowledgeable on initramfs
> in general?
> I think we need someone versed in debian/devuan initramfs generation
> with hooks and so
> on?
>

> I think Aitor wrote a while ago about creating a vdev package?
> Aitor could you give an update on that effort?
>

> best regards
>
> Scooby

     I have some experience with initramfs, and I have already tested
vdev with Busybox in initramfs a while ago. But have no experience in
generating a Debian/Devuan initramfs. Here's my experience with
vdev+busybox:

     There was two problems:
     1) Busybox's blkid doesn't accept any option. Formatting options
are no problem because vdev manages to not use them, but the -p option
is definitely missing. To be able to fully test vdev, I had to build the
legacy blkid from util-linux.
     2) At the time of this test campaign, the shebang line of vdev
scripts was #!/bin/dash, which doesn't work in Busybox. It should be
replaced by #!/bin/sh which works in all cases.

     With the conditions described above, ie busybox, vdev, blkid (all
linked statically against Musl libc) and modified shebang lines, the
startup was working without error when booting from a USB key on my
amd64 laptop.

     I guess in Devuan/Debian, Busybox is dynamicaly linked against
glibc; therefore adding blkid wouldn't dramatically increase the bloat.

     Didier