:: [DNG] Help me understand what Danie…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Edward Bartolo
A: dng
Assumpte: [DNG] Help me understand what Daniel Reurich is asking?
Hi,

This is an email sent to me by Daniel Reurich<gitlab@???>

Begin Email Quote:

Hi Edward,

I've forked and tried to build your project:
https://git.devuan.org/net/simple-netaid

It's failed to build the sources for a very basic reason:

    You need to decide if this is primarily a native Devuan/Debian
project or an upstream project being packaged for Devuan. Either is
fine, but currently the packaging appears to be a half way between.
IE; you have a patch series that indicates a quilt package but no
upstream branch, tags, tarball or pristine-tar branch of the original
unde[bi|vu]anised sources.

I suggest either merge the patches into the source, and change the
source format to either "3.0 (native)" or "3.0 (git)" (we support
gitsrc in our build system unlike debian), or alternatively produce
either a separate upstream branch of the clean sources, or a pristine
tar branch (pain in the arse - I don't recommend this) or even just a
plain old tar ball.

I guess the choice comes down to your primary target. If you
developing this primarily for Devuan then native or gitsrc formats are
fine. I'd vote for gitsrc but I'm biased due to having added the
support for that format to our build system and I don't understand why
you'd want tarball based srcs for packages developed and built from
git.

I can do the conversion to gitsrc for this pretty quickly and
painlessly and get this building in Devuan.

Let me know.

End Email Quote:

If I am understanding well, the state of my sources is in a hybrid
state between Debianized and Non-Debianized.

Can anyone have some patience to explain to me what commands, I assume
git commands, I have to run to do what Daniel (Centurion_Dan) is
asking? My textual source files are already up to date, so what will
patching actually do?

Should I edit debian/source/format to contain:
3.0 (native)

instead of

3.0 (quilt)

Thanks, Edward.