:: Re: [DNG] Migration to devuan Jessi…
Top Pagina
Auteur: KatolaZ
Aan: Rainer Weikusat
CC: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Migration to devuan Jessie failed on rpi-zero
On Tue, Feb 09, 2016 at 05:57:22PM +0000, Rainer Weikusat wrote:
> "info at smallinnovations.nl" <info@???> writes:
>
> [...]
> >>>
> > This remains: compiling a kernel already takes hours on a Pi A+ or B+
> > with leaves the question how much is needed for a complete distro.
>
> The usual way to do this would be to use a cross-compiler (compiler
> creating code for a different CPU than the one it runs on) on a more
> powerful machine.

And that's exactly what I am working to achieve. As I said, the
toolchain to cross-compile for armv6+fpu2 (rpi0/rpi1) works. I have
cross-compiled and tested on rpi0 a pretty large (custom) software
suite which makes heavy usage of floating point stuff. And it works
perfectly. Next step on my agenda is to cross-compile a complete
kernel + bash + essential binaries and libraries for a minimal boot
into single-user mode. If everything goes smooth, I will then speak to
the Devuan gurus to see how we can start a port for the rpi0/rpi1
(which we could call "pi-vuan", e.g. spelling it "pi-v1" :D) and
integrate it within the amprolla architecture, but this will not
happen before Devuan Beta is out.

HND

KatolaZ

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]