:: Re: [DNG] state of what's working f…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Didier Kryn
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] state of what's working for modern desktop usage
Le 09/02/2016 20:49, Steve Litt a écrit :
> On Tue, 09 Feb 2016 15:01:44 +0300
> Mitt Green <mitt_green@???> wrote:
>
>>    Didier Kryn wrote:

>>> In the mean time, wpagui is working fine [...]
>> wpagui uses Qt, there's no need to pull tons of
>> packages for one programme, as long as dhcpcd-ui
>> exists for those who prefer graphical interfaces.
>> As I stated previously, in my case wpa_supplicant
>> and dhcpcd work fine together.
> Some questions:
>
> Are you running wpa_supplicant as a daemon? Excluding passwords, what
> does your wpa_supplicant.conf look like?
>
> Are you running dhcpcd as a daemon? What is the command line?
>
> If you're not running dhcpcd as a daemon, what is the command line?

     As Someone already pointed out (I think it was Isaac),
wpa-supplicant runs always as a daemon, for the duration of the
connection. I am running it in roaming mode. The whole set or daemons is
launched by the ifupdown scripts, as  the effect of
/etc/network/interfaces. Only the first 2 lines of wpa_supplicant.conf
need to be written by hand.

kryn@apcnb98:~$ pgrep -l dhc
8636 dhclient
9689 dhclient
kryn@apcnb98:~$ pgrep -l wpa
2157 wpa_supplicant
2212 wpa_cli

kryn@apcnb98:~$ cat /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf
ctrl_interface=DIR=/var/run/wpa_supplicant GROUP=dialout
update_config=1

network={
     ssid="Livebox-7e98"
     psk="1CAFFAD6B5645669A79EE5994A"