:: [DNG] Frontend to pmount
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: fsmithred
À: dng
Sujet: [DNG] Frontend to pmount
I was inpired by Steve Litt's amounter, but I prefer a semi-automatic. And
I wanted an easy clicky way to use pmount. So I recycled some code from
refracta2usb and added inotifywait.

The result is a set of scripts that will pop up a window showing the
partitions on the usb drive when it's plugged in. Then it mounts your
choice and opens it in your default file manager.

There are probably better ways to do this, but the only programming I know
well enough to be useful is shell, and a good portion of this was already
written. That makes it an ecologically responsible choice.

If anyone wants to try it, there's a tarball here -
http://sourceforge.net/projects/refracta/files/testing/usbwait.tar.gz/download

Installation is completely manual right now. Open the tarball and copy the
files according to the file list. I can roll up a .deb file later.

You can use usbpmount.sh and usb-unmount.sh with panel buttons without
using inotifywait. You won't get a popup window this way, but you can
click to mount and unmount as unprivileged user. (pmount/pumount)

If you want the popup window, the user needs sudo privileges for one of
the scripts. A file is included to add to /etc/sudoers.d/ for this.

With a few changes, it'll work (mostly) with zuluMount instead of yad|zenity.

Depends: pmount, hwinfo, yad|zenity
Recommends: inotify-tools

yad for jessie is available here -
http://debs.slavino.sk/files-testing.php