:: Re: [DNG] Migration to devuan Jessi…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Steve Litt
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Migration to devuan Jessie failed on rpi-zero
On Mon, 8 Feb 2016 12:25:54 +0000
David Harrison <david@???> wrote:

> On 08/02/2016 12:00, dng-request@??? wrote:
> > However, it is undeniable that with the 5$ pi-zero out there will be
> > pis everywhere, and there is no reason to add init lock-in to boot
> > and graphics lock-in. In a word, it would be much better to have a
> > systemd-free distro for pis, and from my (biased) point of view
> > Devuan seems the best candidate...
>
> How similar is a current RPi to a Banana Pi? Someone on the #xroutine
> IRC channel succeeded with Void Linux on a BPi.

Danger Will Robinson! Banana Pi is an Allwinner SOC:

http://wiki.xroutine.de/index.php?title=Banana_Pi#Hardware

Allwinner is a serial GPL violator:

http://linux-sunxi.org/GPL_Violations

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Allwinner-GPL-Violate-Proof

https://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/2zlo2u/allwinner_caught_obfuscating_code_to_hide_gpl/

To use Allwinner based products is to weaken Free Software.

SteveT

Steve Litt
February 2016 featured book: The Key to Everyday Excellence
http://www.troubleshooters.com/key