:: Re: [DNG] Migration to devuan Jessi…
Top Pagina
Auteur: KatolaZ
Aan: David Harrison
CC: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Migration to devuan Jessie failed on rpi-zero
On Mon, Feb 08, 2016 at 12:25:54PM +0000, David Harrison wrote:
> On 08/02/2016 12:00, dng-request@??? wrote:
> >However, it is undeniable that with the 5$ pi-zero out there will be
> >pis everywhere, and there is no reason to add init lock-in to boot and
> >graphics lock-in. In a word, it would be much better to have a
> >systemd-free distro for pis, and from my (biased) point of view Devuan
> >seems the best candidate...
>
> How similar is a current RPi to a Banana Pi? Someone on the
> #xroutine IRC channel succeeded with Void Linux on a BPi. Void is an
> independent distro with different strengths and weaknesses to a
> Devuan-based system, but they may still have some useful tips. I
> gather it wasn't entirely plain sailing :)
>
> There's a brief mention of it here:
> http://wiki.xroutine.de/index.php?title=Banana_Pi

To the best of my knowledge, BananaPi is an ARMv7, and indeed there
are already Devuan installer images for it, and for a bunch of similar
boards with ARMv7:

http://files.devuan.org/armhf/

As reported by many others here, Devuan Jessie works all right on
rpi2, and should work as well on all those platforms listed there,
since they have far less restrictions than the pi2.

My2Cents

KatolaZ

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]