:: Re: [DNG] Migration to devuan Jessi…
Inizio della pagina
Autore: Gregory Nowak
To: dng
Oggetto: Re: [DNG] Migration to devuan Jessie failed on rpi-zero
On Mon, Feb 08, 2016 at 01:27:19PM +1100, Simon Wise wrote:
> raspbian is in between armel and armhf because debian armel is (or
> was then) compiled without hard float support while debian armhf is
> compiled for arm7 ... so since PIs are arm6 with FPU neither is
> suitable

Just to be clear, the rpi2 is based on a ARMv7. My rpi2 is running
devuan jessie nicely, as I have posted here a few months ago.

> It
> can also be used by experienced people willing to put time into
> making a single purpose kiosk style setup. But anyone hoping for a
> cheap, open general computer will be frustrated. It is quite a good
> learning tool though, since the community is big and helpful.

I think that depends on what one expects. If someone gets one of
these, and hopes it can replace a modern desktop/laptop, then that
person will indeed be frustrated. I wanted to use mine as a router
possibly running i2p and freenet as well, and I thought when I was
getting it I had a good understanding of its limitations. It does the
router part very well as I expected. It ran i2p well enough also,
though I have since transferred that to my laptop for reasons unrelated
to performance. The freenet node ran fine when it was idle. However
putting some downloads in the queue made the freenet node slow to
respond, and it crashed once a day or so.. I had hoped all of that
would be otherwise, but am not surprised by the reality of things. The
main job for my rpi2 is to be a router, and it does that very well so far.

Greg

--
web site: http://www.gregn.net
skype: gregn1