:: Re: [DNG] writable efi
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Rainer Weikusat
To: dng
Betreff: Re: [DNG] writable efi
Arnt Karlsen <arnt@???> writes:
> On Sun, 7 Feb 2016 10:42:04 +0000, Dave wrote in message
> <56B71F7C.9060708@???>:
>> My new Asus laptop is EFI.
>> Running debian sid, no dual-booting or anything like that.
>> and cat /proc/mounts has this:-
>>
>> efivarfs /sys/firmware/efi/efivars efivarfs
>> rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime 0 0
>>
>> DaveT
>
> ..you missed:
> /dev/sda1 /boot/efi vfat

That's the EFI boot partition. Since that's a specfication written by
hardware guys, EFI using global variables for inter-module communication
and the FAT filesystem (and god-only-knows what other kinds of deficient
1980s technology --- edge-triggered interrupts, anyone?) shouldn't come
as a surprise.

[...]

> securityfs /sys/kernel/security securityfs

FS-interface for configuring kernel 'security modules'.

[...]

> pstore /sys/fs/pstore pstore rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime 0 0
> #..wtf _is_ this???

'Persistent storage fs' for storing kernel crashdump information such
that it survives a reboot./

> efivarfs /sys/firmware/efi/efivars

[...]

> #..you found this, wtf _is_ this???

The filesystem providing access to the EFI variable service.

> cgroup /sys/fs/cgroup/freezer cgroup
> rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,freezer 0 0
> #..wtf _is_ this???

[...]

Altogoether, some bizarre 'control group filesystem' arrangement chosed
by systemd. 'Control groups' (originally implemented by SGI) support
putting processes in - well - control groups. This is (together with
namespace support) the base for 'Linux containers' virtualization
(another feature systemd usurped[*]).

[*] Disclaimer: I'm getting paid to work on a product which uses this
    technology such that it cannot possibly coexist with systemd. As
    such I'm one of these morally repugnant closed-source developers and
    RedHat using money made from Linux for subsidizing Poettering et al
    breaking out stuff is obviously just what we deserve.

> systemd-1 /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc autofs
> rw,relatime,fd=23,pgrp=1,timeout=0,minproto=5,maxproto=5,direct 0 0
> #..wtf _is_ this, a new /proc root tree???

Automounter filesystem.

[...]

> mqueue /dev/mqueue mqueue rw,relatime 0 0 /dev/sda4 /home ext4
> rw,noatime,data=ordered 0 0
> #..wtf _is_ this, systemd's sensoring your root's email???

Pseudo-filesystem which is part of the POSIX message queue
implementation.