:: Re: [DNG] Bad UEFI: was Systemd at …
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Steve Litt
A: dng
Assumptes nous: [DNG] Definitely OT!! Re: Bad UEFI: was Systemd at work: rm -rf EFI
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Bad UEFI: was Systemd at work: rm -rf EFI
On Sat, 06 Feb 2016 16:19:07 +0000
Rainer Weikusat <rainerweikusat@???> wrote:

> Steve Litt <slitt@???> writes:

[clip]
> > With excellent backups, rm -rf / or even dd if=/dev/zero
> > of=/dev/sda1 is correctable with a few hours of work, on the
> > premises, with only resources on the premises.
>
> A somewhat seriously wrong conception about the relation between /
> (the root of the filesystem name tree) and /dev/sda1 (some partition
> of a mass storage device) seems to exist here. The reality is "there
> is none" unless the system happens to be configured such
> that /dev/sda1 is mounted as /

Come on, Rainer, it's obvious your last sentence is assumed in my
statement. What, did I have to completely specify it just to make the
obvious point that wiping the root dir's device is correctable from a
good backup?

SteveT

Steve Litt
February 2016 featured book: The Key to Everyday Excellence
http://www.troubleshooters.com/key